- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Shop rags
- Eye protection
- Drain pan
- Fluid filler
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner’s Manual.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and place the vehicle in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase drain plug. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well.
4. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the front gearcase fill plug and set aside. Tip: A long ball Allen with a 6-inch extension will aid in fill plug access.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs. Note that the drain plug has a magnetic tip and must be installed in the bottom of the gearcase.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
9. Reinstall the drain plug and torque to 10-14-ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
11. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug and torque to 10-14-ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
FOX® is a registered trademark of Fox Factory Inc.
Maxxis® is a registered trademark of Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.