1. Visually inspect the vehicle, looking for debris, loose fasteners, leaks and worn components that may impair the vehicle’s operation. Pay particular attention to the radiator area for the accumulation of debris, which can cause the engine to overheat. Clean any debris that is found.
4. Grease the fitting on the propshaft until fresh grease is seen exiting the joint as needed.
- Remove the spark arrestor fastener with an 8mm socket.
- Carefully pull the spark arrestor out of the exhaust.
- Inspect the screen for wear and damage. Replace if necessary.
- Reinstall the spark arrestor into the exhaust and align the mounting hole.
- Reinstall the spark arrestor fastener, and torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
8. Ensure the vehicle is on a level surface to inspect the fluid levels.
9. Inspect the coolant level in the pressurized coolant reservoir through the passenger side rear wheel well. Add coolant as needed by removing the radiator cap cover. Warning: Never remove this cap if the engine is warm or hot.
11. Start the engine and allow to idle for two to three minutes. Stop the engine and wait three minutes before checking the oil. This allows the oil to settle in the bottom of the crankcase. Checking the oil without waiting will give inaccurate measurements.
12. Once you have waited three minutes, move to the engine oil dipstick in the passenger side rear wheel well and begin by cleaning the area around the dipstick.
13. Remove the oil dipstick and wipe with a clean shop towel.
- Inspect the full length of the seat harnesses for cuts, wear, fraying, dirt, debris or stiffness.
- Test the buckle and latch for proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
509® is a registered trademark of Teton Outfitters, LLC
FOX® is a registered trademark of Fox Factory, Inc.
Maxxis® is a registered trademark of Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.