Required Tools and Supplies:
- 4mm Allen Socket
- 8mm Socket
- T25 TORX® Socket
- T30 TORX® Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Cutting Tool
- Trim Tools
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RZR. The canvas upper doors for RZR Trail models are part number 2884758. The canvas upper doors for RZR Trail S models are part number 2884733. For more information on either kit, view the installation instructions.
To install canvas upper doors on your RZR Trail or Trail S, follow these steps:
1. Place the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove or open the windshield and rear panel, if equipped.
3. With a pliers, remove and retain the two push-pin rivets from the door trim.
4. Using a T25 TORX® socket, remove the door trim fastener, and pull the trim out to remove.
5. Remove the eight door panel fasteners with a T25 TORX® socket, and remove the panel from the door frame.
6. Unzip the rear of the upper door cover.
7. Insert the rear door frame inside the cover, and zip closed. The cover will fit tightly around the frame. Note: Use care not to damage or rip the cover.
8. Before continuing, ensure the frame is properly fitted inside the cover, and adjust as needed.
9. Unzip the front of the upper door cover.
10. Insert the door mounts through the holes in the bottom of the door cover.
11. Continue working the cover over the frame, beginning over the top corner. The final corner will be extremely tight. An assistant and a strong trim tool can help aid in fitment. Note: Use care not to damage the canvas.
12. Align the hinge with its mounting location on the door frames.
13. Ensure the hinge is fully inserted between the two frames, and close the hinge until it snaps into place.
14. Insert the two provided nuts into the bottom of the hinge, and secure with the two provided fasteners. A flat-head screwdriver may be used to guide the nut while tightening the fastener.
15. With a 4mm Allen socket, torque the fasteners to 92 in-lbs (10 Nm).
16. Attach the hook and loop straps attached to the cover around both door frames.
17. Align the upper canvas door with the lower door frame and Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) assembly.
18. Install the provided clamps at the openings in the canvas and secure to the ROPS assembly with the provided spacers and an 8mm socket. Note: Do not torque the clamps at this time.
19. Align the lower canvas door mounts with the mounting holes in the door frame.
20. Loosely install the two provided fasteners and washers through the mounting hole on the door and secure with the provided nut plates on the other side and a T30 TORX® socket. Then, repeat this for the other mount.
21. Remove and retain the outermost fastener from the dashboard with a T40 TORX® socket.
22. Align the roll-cage cover over the A-pillar joint while carefully pulling the fender outwards and twisting the front of the cover between the ROPS and fender.
23. Reinstall the fastener and torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
24. Open and close the door to check for interference. The upper door hinges should operate smoothly with the lower door frame hinges.
25. Torque the clamp fasteners to 25 in-lbs (25 Nm).
26. Small adjustments can be made to improve the upper door sealing against the roll cage by sliding the upper door forward or backward on the lower mounting points. Adjust as needed. Torque the fasteners to 18 ft-lbs (25 Nm).
27. Align the panel with the door frame, and reinstall the previously removed door fasteners, excluding the hole near the door handle.
28. Wrap the upper door strap around to the inside and align with the final mounting hole.
29. Reinstall the last door panel fastener. Torque all fasteners to 17 in-lbs (2 Nm).
30. Align the provided door seal to the door panel, and mark the mounting locations on the seal.
31. Cut the door seal to size for each of the mounting locations, using a cutting tool and handsaw.
32. Install the seal on the panel, and ensure it is fully seated.
33. Repeat this entire process to install the other soft door.
34. Reinstall the windshield and rear panels as needed.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC