Required Tools and Supplies:
- 13mm Socket
- T30 TORX® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Side Cutters
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
- Panduit Strap
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. To remove and install the battery on your model year 2021 and newer RZR Trail, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Pull up on the driver’s rear seat lever and pivot forward to remove the seat from the vehicle.
3. Loosen the negative battery cable fastener first with a 13mm socket to prevent arcing, and set the cable aside.
4. Slide the red boot back from the positive cable.
5. Loosen the positive cable fastener with a 13mm socket, and set the cable aside.
6. Use a side cutters to cut the Panduit strap securing the cables to the battery bracket. Move the cables aside to gain access to the bracket fastener.
7. Remove the bracket fastener with a T30 TORX® socket.
8. Pivot the bracket up and around the floor trim. Then slide the bar toward the console and pivot up to remove.
9. Continue by lifting the battery straight up to remove.
10. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery.
11. Clean any dirt or debris from the battery box.
12. Inspect the padding in the battery box and replace if necessary. The padding is part number 5814037.
13. Install the battery by lowering it straight down into the battery holder. The battery is part number 4014132.
14. Slide the end of the battery bracket under the battery handle and pivot around the floor trim.
15. Install the bracket fastener. Torque to 26 in-lbs (3 Nm).
16. Reconnect the positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
17. Reposition the positive cable boot over the terminal.
18. Route the negative cable under the battery handle and connect to the terminal. Torque the clamp to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
19. Replace the previously cut Panduit strap by inserting it through the tree clip and securing over the white tape on the battery cables.
20. Verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
21. Before continuing, coat both terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
22. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front tabs under the retainer bar and pressing down in the rear to engage the latch.
23. Turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset. More information can be found in Setting the Clock on Your RZR.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC