Required Tools and Supplies:
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Fluid Filler
- AGL Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid
- Drain Pan
- Shop Rags
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. To change the transmission fluid on your RZR 900, S 900 and S4 900, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug.
5. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the transmission fill plug and set it aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs, and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 44 ounces (1,300 ml) for standard models and 40.5 ounces (1,200 ml) for turf models. AGL Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) and part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.