VIDEO: RZR XP Turbo S and XP 4 Turbo S Oil Change
When changing the oil on your Polaris RZR XP Turbo S or RZR XP 4 Turbo S, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. Always check and change the oil at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart in your Owner's Manual.
To change the oil and filter, do the following:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in park.
3. Start the engine and allow it to warm up at idle for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Stop the engine.
5. Remove the rear cargo box panel.
6. Remove any debris near the oil cap and remove the oil cap.
7. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent splashing of oil.
8. Remove the drain plug with a 6mm Allen socket and allow the oil to drain completely. Caution: Hot oil can cause burns to skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
9. Next, remove the oil filter with a 2.5-inch (64mm) oil filter wrench. The oil filter can be accessed through the driver’s side rear wheel well.
10. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase. Make sure the old filter O-ring is completely removed.
11. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil. Ensure the O-ring is in good condition.
12. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface, and then turn it an additional ¾ of a turn. The oil filter is part number 2520799.
13. Inspect the drain plug and sealing surfaces. Install a new sealing washer on the drain plug. The sealing washer is part number 5812232. Notice: The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crankcase should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
14. Clean the sealing surfaces and reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
15. Wipe up any residual oil on the vehicle.
16. Fill the engine with 2.75 quarts (2.6 liters) of oil through the oil fill cap.
17. Reinstall the oil fill cap.
18. Start the engine and allow to idle for 1 to 2 minutes.
19. Stop the engine and inspect for leaks.
20. Remove the dipstick and check the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
21. Wipe up any residual oil that may have collected on vehicle components.
22. Dispose of the used filter and oil properly.
Programmable Service Interval
The service interval counter on the instrument cluster of your RZR is programmed to 25 hours at the factory. As hours of engine operation increase, the counter decreases. The wrench icon will flash for about 10 seconds when the counter reaches zero and each time the key is turned on thereafter until the counter is reset.
When this feature is enabled, it provides a convenient reminder to perform routine maintenance. Refer to the recommended oil change intervals.
To reset or change the service interval:
1. Press and hold the MODE (4) button to enter the settings menu.
2. Press either toggle button (5) to cycle to the "Service Hours" option. Press MODE to select.
3. Press MODE to reset the existing value and exit or press either toggle button to change the value. Press MODE to save and exit the settings menu.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.