Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris RZR. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your air filter.
To clean or replace the air filter on your RZR 170, follow these steps:
1. Lock the parking brake.
2. Move or remove the storage bag by unclipping the storage bag snaps.
3. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the four air filter access cover fasteners and remove the cover.
4. Clean the area around the air filter cover.
5. Release the two right airbox spring clamps from above and two left side spring clamps from under the left rear wheel well. Remove the airbox cover.
6. Inspect the cover seal. Replace if necessary. The cover seal is part number 0452569.
7. Using a Phillips screwdriver, loosen the clamp and remove the air filter.
8. Inspect the air filter and replace if necessary. The air filter for a RZR 170 is part number 1262218. Notice: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
9. Install the air filter in the airbox. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often.
10. Tighten the clamp using a Phillips screwdriver.
11. Install the airbox cover and secure the right spring clamps from above and the left spring clamps from under the left rear wheel well. Notice: Proper placement of the air filter is important to prevent rattles and air leaks.
12. Install the airbox access cover and four fasteners using a Phillips screwdriver.
13. Install the storage bag.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.