Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop Rags
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris RZR.
To clean or replace the air filter on your RZR S 1000 or S4 1000, follow these steps.
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Pull up on the latch, and remove the cargo box access panel.
3. Clean any dirt or debris from the airbox area.
4. Locate and disconnect the air box cover straps, and carefully remove the airbox cover.
5. Inspect the airbox cover seal. Replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5814054.
6. Remove the air filter by pulling toward the passenger’s side of the vehicle.
7. Inspect the air filter and replace, if necessary. The air filter for your RZR S 1000 or S4 1000 is part number 7082115.
- In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often.
- Do not attempt to clean the air filter with compressed air.
- If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
8. Clean the airbox thoroughly. Wipe well with a clean, dry cloth. Notice: Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake tube before installing the filter.
9. Install the air filter, and ensure it is fully seated. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
10. Reinstall the airbox cover. Ensure the alignment tabs are properly positioned.
11. Secure the cover straps.
12. Reinstall the cargo box access panel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, all trademarks are property of Polaris Industries, Inc.
© Polaris Inc.