Required Tools and Supplies:
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- AGL Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid
- Drain pan
- Fluid filler
- Shop rags
- Eye protection
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner’s Manual.
To change the transmission fluid on your RZR Trail S 1000, follow these steps:
1. Position the vehicle on a flat, level surface, and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug on the back of the transmission.
4. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket, and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs, and replace if necessary.
9. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 10 to 14 ft-lbs (14 to 19 Nm).
10. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 44 ounces (1,300 mL). AGL Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) and part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
11. Reinstall the transmission fill plug. Torque to 10 to 14 ft-lbs (14 to 19 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle, and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
WALKER EVANS RACING® is a registered trademark of Walker Evans Enterprises Incorporated
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.