Required Tools and Supplies:
- 13mm Socket
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
- T30 TORX® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Shop Rags
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. To remove and install the battery on your RZR 900, S 900 or S4 900, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Turn the key switch OFF, and remove the key.
4. Remove the driver’s seat by pulling up on the seat lever and pivoting forward.
5. Using a 13mm socket, remove the black negative battery cable fastener and set aside. Caution: The negative battery cable must be removed first to prevent arcing.
6. Then, using a 13mm socket, remove the red positive battery cable fastener, and set the cable aside.
7. Remove the battery hold down fastener with a T30 TORX® socket. Lift up to remove.
8. Lift the battery out of the vehicle.
9. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged. Caution: Using a new battery that has not been fully charged can damage the battery, hinder vehicle performance and result in a shorter life. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of the Owner’s Manual before installing the battery.
10. Ensure the battery is clean and free of debris. Refer to Battery Charging and Maintenance Tips for proper cleaning and maintenance techniques.
11. Reinstall the battery into the battery holder.
12. Install the battery hold down bracket and fastener. Torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
13. Install the red positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
14. Reinstall the positive cable protector boot.
15. Install the black negative cable last. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
16. Verify the battery cables are properly routed.
17. Coat the battery terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
18. Turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. Tip: When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset. More information can be found in Setting the Clock on Your RZR.
19. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front retaining tabs and pushing down on the rear.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC