Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your Polaris RZR. To replace the front gearcase fluid on your RZR XP Turbo or XP 4 Turbo, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of oil.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug in the passenger side front wheel well.
5. Remove the front gearcase fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the oil to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 10 ft-lbs (14 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until oil reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The front gearcase capacity is 8.5 ounces (250 milliliters). Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
12. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug. Torque to 10 ft-lbs (14 Nm).
13. Clean any residual oil off of the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.