Required Tools and Supplies:
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
- Fluid Filler
- 8mm Socket
- Drain Pan
- Torque Wrench
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your RZR.
To change the front gearcase fluid on your RZR Pro XP or Pro XP 4, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase drain plug. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of oil.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well.
5. Using an 8mm socket, remove the front gearcase fill plug.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Using an 8mm socket, remove the drain plug and allow the oil to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs, and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 8 to 10 ft-lbs (11-14 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug until the fluid begins to seep out of the fill plug. The capacity is 9.47 ounces (280 ml). Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
12. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug. Torque to 8 to 10 ft-lbs (11-14 Nm).
13. Clean any residual oil off of the vehicle.
14. Dispose of the used oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.