Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris RZR. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your air filter.
To clean or replace the air filter on your RZR Pro XP or Pro XP 4, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Remove both seats by pulling up on the seat latch lever and tilting the seat forward.
3. Route the seat harnesses out of the way to ease access panel removal.
4. Next, locate and turn the four quarter-turn latches on the access panel and remove the panel.
5. Clean any dirt or debris from the airbox area.
6. Locate and unclip the airbox cover clips and carefully remove the airbox cover.
7. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5814549.
8. Remove the air filter by pulling toward the passenger side of the vehicle.
9. Inspect the air filter and replace if necessary. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often. The air filter is part number 1241084. Caution: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
10. Clean the airbox thoroughly. Wipe well with a clean, dry cloth. Notice: Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake tube before installing the filter.
11. Install the air filter, and ensure it is fully seated. Caution: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filters. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
12. Reinstall the airbox cover. Ensure the alignment tabs are properly positioned.
13. Secure the cover clips.
14. Reinstall the engine access panel and secure the quarter-turn latches.
15. Reinstall the seats by aligning the front alignment tabs and pushing down on the rear of the seat to engage the rear latch.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.