Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your Polaris RZR. To remove and install the battery in your RZR XP Turbo and RZR XP 4 Turbo, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the vehicle is on a flat, level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Turn the key switch OFF and remove the key.
4. Remove the driver’s seat by pulling up on the seat lever and pivoting forward.
5. Using a 13mm socket, remove the black negative battery cable fastener and set aside. Caution: The negative battery cable must be removed first to prevent arcing.
6. Then remove the red positive battery cable fastener with a 13mm socket and set the cable aside.
7. Cut the zip tie retaining the battery cables to the hold down clamp.
8. Remove the battery hold down fastener with a T30 TORX® socket. Twist the battery hold down clamp and lift up to remove.
9. Lift the battery out of the vehicle.
10. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged. Caution: Using a new battery that has not been fully charged can damage the battery and result in a shorter life. It can also hinder vehicle performance. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of the Owner’s Manual before installing the battery. The battery is part number 4014132-P.
11. Ensure the battery is clean and free of debris. Refer to the Battery Maintenance and Charging Tips video for proper cleaning and maintenance techniques.
12. Reinstall the battery into the battery holder.
13. Install the battery hold down bracket and fastener. Torque to 24 in-lbs (3 Nm)
14. Install a new zip tie into the battery cable holder and tighten down over the white tape on the cable.
15. Install the red positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
16. Reinstall the positive cable protector boot.
17. Install the black negative cable last. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
18. Verify the battery cables are tightened securely.
19. Coat the battery terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
20. Turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. Tip: When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset. More information can be found in Setting the Clock on Your RZR.
21. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front retaining tabs and pushing down on the rear.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC