|Required Tools and Supplies|
|8 mm Allen Socket||Fluid filler|
|Torque Wrench||Eye protection|
|Drain Pan||Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner's Manual.
To change the rear gearcase fluid on your RZR Pro R, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and place the vehicle in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the rear gearcase drain plug. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Before removing, clean the area around the fill plug.
4. Remove the rear gearcase fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs. Note that the drain plug has a magnetic tip and must be installed in the bottom of the gearcase.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
9. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 10-14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
10. Fill the gearcase with 16 oz (475 ml) of the recommended fluid through the fill plug hole. The recommended fluid is Polaris Angle Drive Differential Fluid, part number 2889280.
11. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug and torque to 10-14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
509® is a registered trademark of Teton Outfitters, LLC.
FOX® is a registered trademark of Fox Factory Inc.
Maxxis® is a registered trademark of Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.