Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop Rags
- Demand Drive Fluid
- Torque Wrench
- Drain Pan
- Fluid Filler
- Allen Socket Set
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. The front gearcase fluid on your RZR 800, RZR 4 800, RZR S 800, RANGER RZR or RANGER RZR S should be maintained level with the bottom thread of the fill plug hole. Always check and change the fluid at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart of your Owner's Manual. The fill plug is located on the bottom right side of the front gearcase, or the demand drive unit, as shown below. The drain plug is located on the bottom of the gearcase.
To change the front gearcase fluid, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Make sure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Place a dran pan underneath the drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug.
5. Remove the fill plug.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug. Allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-ring on the drain plug and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 11 ft-lbs (15 Nm).
11. Add the recommended fluid through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom thread of the fill plug hole. The fluid capacity is 6.75 ounces (200 ml). Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
12. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 8 to 10 ft-lbs (11 to 14 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and check for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.