Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop Rags
- Demand Drive Fluid (part number 2877922)
- Torque Wrench
- Fluid Filler
- Drain Pan
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. To change the front gearcase fluid on your RZR XP 1000 or RZR XP 4 1000, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well.
4. Remove the front gearcase fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket.
5. Next, clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Then remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
9. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 19 ft-lbs (26 Nm).
10. Next, fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 8.5 ounces (251 ml). Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
11. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug. Torque to 19 ft-lbs (26 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.