|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Electrical Tape||11mm Socket|
|Fish Tape (or Comparable)||T25, T30 and T40 TORX® Sockets|
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
This video will describe the installation process for the 28-Inch Roof Light Bar and Harness on a RZR Pro XP or RZR Pro XP 4. The Rigid® SR-Series 28-Inch Combo LED Light Bar is part number 2884074. The Light Bar Harness, which is sold separately, is part number 2883949.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your RZR. Before installation of any accessories, read the instructions thoroughly and verify all parts and tools are accounted for. For your safety, perform all installation steps in the sequence shown and retain the instructions for future reference and parts ordering information.
To install the light bar and harness, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and shift the transmission into PARK.
2. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the key.
3. Using a T40 TORX® socket, remove and retain the four front roof panel fasteners.
4. Next, remove the two center hood fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket.
5. Lift the panel up and slide the panel toward the rear of the vehicle to remove it.
6. Next, open the center dashboard storage compartment.
7. Pull up firmly on the bin inside to disengage the retainers. Remove the plug connection inside the bin if needed and remove the bin to gain access to the pulse bar.
8. Next, carefully pry up and remove the left, center and right dash trim pieces. Releasing the steering tilt lock can improve clearance around the left dash trim.
9. Continue by opening the glove box lid. Once inside, use T25 and T40 TORX® sockets to remove and retain the four fasteners around the glove box opening and the three fasteners on the dashboard top. Take note of the different length fasteners for reinstallation.
10. Release the steering lock and tilt the steering wheel down. Using a T40 TORX® socket, remove and retain the four dashboard fasteners around the steering column.
11. Next, using a T40 TORX® socket, remove and retain the two top fasteners on the center of the dash.
12. Then remove and retain the two push rivets from the front side panels.
13. With the aid of an assistant, carefully pull the side panels out to gain clearance for dashboard removal. Then lift the rear of the dashboard up and pull back to remove it from the vehicle.
14. Next, install the included fastener and washer into the light bar bracket.
15. Then attach the bracket to the light bar stud with the included washer and nut. Repeat on the other side and do not torque at this time.
16. Next, remove the harness grommet from the roof and install on the light bar harness. A light coating of grease on the grommet can aid in installation.
17. Then route the light bar harness through the opening in the roof and over the ROPS. Lifting the front of the roof slightly will help provide clearance for the harness.
18. Reinstall the grommet into the harness opening. A small amount of grease on the grommet can aid in installation.
19. Then mount the light bar into place on the roof and align the mounting holes. Tilt it vertically to ensure it is centered on the roof panel.
20. Counter-hold the fasteners. Using a T30 TORX® socket, torque to 16 ft-lbs (22 Nm).
21. Next, reposition the light bar and carefully pull the full length of the harness through the opening.
22. Slide the left front roll cage boot up to reveal the lower brace.
23. Feed fish tape or a similar product into the lower brace opening and up the tubing toward the roof.
24. Continue feeding the fish tape until it reaches the upper opening in the roll cage and pull it through the opening.
25. Slide the included grommet all the way back onto the light bar harness and tape the harness to the fish tape.
26. Carefully pull the fish tape back through the roll cage openings until it has been pulled through the lower brace.
27. Then remove the fish tape from the light bar harness.
28. Install the harness grommet into the round opening on the upper roll cage.
29. Next, move to the pulse bar under the dash area and remove the desired plug.
30. Then remove the desired accessory switch cover on the dashboard panel.
31. Continue by feeding the light bar switch connecter 1A from the light bar harness through the opening in the dash support toward the dashboard panel.
32. Connect the harness to the switch assembly and install in the desired location on the dash.
33. Install the light bar switch from the front in its desired location. Plug connector 1A into the switch.
34. Next, attach the relay and fuse block 1C to the indicated mounting location on the dashboard.
35. Continue by routing the harness along the top edge of the bulkhead. Connectors 1D and 1E should be routed close to the roll cage base.
36. Install power connector 1B into the pulse bar.
37. Connect the light bar harness connectors 1A and 1B to the corresponding harness connectors 1D and 1E. Seal the connectors with electrical tape.
38. Move back to the roof and re-torque the roof fasteners. Using a T40 TORX® socket, torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
39. Re-position the light bar to its desired position. Using an 11mm socket, torque the outer nuts to 16 ft-lbs (22 Nm).
40. Next, reinstall the rubber boot over the roll cage brace.
41. Then with the aid of an assistant, carefully pull the side panels out to gain clearance for dashboard installation. Lift the rear of the dashboard up and install into place.
42. Ensure the tabs on the side panels are aligned in the slots on the dashboard top.
43. Also, check that the right and left boots are properly installed with only the upper lip visible.
44. Next, install the two retained push rivets into the side panels.
45. Then install the two top fasteners in the center of the dashboard. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
46. Release the steering lock and tilt the steering wheel down. Then, install the four dashboard fasteners around the steering column. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
47. Continue by opening the glove box lid and installing the four fasteners around the glove box opening. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
48. Then install the three fasteners on the dashboard top. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
49. Reinstall the left, center and right dash trim pieces.
50. Reinstall the dashboard storage compartment and make sure all four retention points are secure.
51. Reinstall the center hood panel and fasteners, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged. Torque to 89 in-lbs (10 Nm).
52. Finish by operating the light bar to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Visit RZR.Polaris.com to find all available RZR Pro XP accessories.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Rigid® is a registered trademark of Rigid Hitch, Inc.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.