Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. To inspect or replace the drive belt on your RZR 900, S 900 and S4 900, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Remove the eight cover fasteners with an 8mm socket.
4. Carefully maneuver the outer clutch cover out of the vehicle.
5. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5521831.
6. Take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
7. Insert the clutch spreader tool into the driven clutch. Notice: Make sure the tool is square with the moveable sheave surface of the driven clutch.
8. Rotate the clutch spreader to open the sheaves.
9. Carefully walk the belt off the driven clutch and remove it from the drive clutch.
10. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if needed.
11. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly. Warning: Failure to remove ALL debris when replacing the belt could result in vehicle damage, loss of control and severe injury or death.
12. If replacing the belt, the part number on the belt should face outward when installed. The belt is part number 3211172.
13. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave, opening the sheaves as needed.
14. Spin the driven clutch five to seven times to seat the belt.
15. Carefully reinstall the clutch cover, ensuring the cover seal is fully seated.
16. Install the eight cover fasteners. Torque to 54 in-lbs (5 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.