The battery on a Polaris RZR can be found in one of three places.
For all two-seat models from 2008 to present, the battery is located beneath the driver’s seat. On four-seat models from 2008 to 2013 and all RZR Pro XP 4 models, the battery also can be found below the driver's seat.
For all other four-seat models from 2014 to present (other than RZR Pro XP 4), the battery is located beneath the left rear passenger seat.
And for RS1 models, the battery is located in the front underhood storage.
To remove a seat:
1. Pull up on the seat latch lever located under the rear edge of the seat. On RZR PRO XP models, the seat latch lever is located under the front edge of the seat.
2. Tilt the seat forward.
3. Lift the seat upward to remove it from the vehicle.
Reverse this procedure to reinstall the seat. Make sure the seat tabs at the front edge of the seat slide under the seat retainer bar. Press down firmly at the rear of the seat to engage the rear latch.
To remove the hood on an RS1 and access the front underhood storage compartment:
1. Turn the hood fasteners (2) a quarter-turn.
2. Grasp the upper hood edge and pull upward to disengage the fasteners.
3. Pivot the hood forward and lift upward to disengage the lower hood hooks.
4. Lift the hood away from the vehicle.
For model-specific battery removal and installation instructions, see the links below.
RZR 900, RZR S 900 and RZR S4 900
RZR XP 1000 and RZR XP 4 1000
RZR XP Turbo and RZR XP 4 Turbo
RZR Pro XP and RZR Pro XP 4
Learn more about caring for your battery by reading Battery Charging and Maintenance Tips.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.