VIDEO: RZR RS1 Oil Change
When changing the oil on your Polaris RZR RS1, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. Always check and change the oil at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart in your Owner's Manual. Access the oil check dipstick through the right rear wheel well. Perform the oil fill procedure via the dipstick tube, using the funnel included in the tool kit.
To change the oil and filter, do the following:
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Clean the area around the crankcase drain plug. Caution: Hot oil can cause burns to skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
3. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase and remove the drain plug with the 6mm Allen socket. Allow the oil to drain completely.
4. Using a 2.5-inch (64mm) oil filter wrench, turn the filter (2) counter-clockwise to remove it.
5. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase.
6. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil. Check to make sure the O-ring is in good condition.
7. Install the new filter and turn by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface and then turn an additional 3/4 of a turn.
8. Reinstall the crankcase drain plug, using a 6mm Allen socket, with a new sealing washer. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm). The sealing surface on the drain plug should be clean and free of burns, nicks or scratches.
9. Remove the right-hand rear fender by unlocking the quarter-turn latch (3) and unhooking the two straps (2).
10. Remove the oil dipstick and install the oil fill funnel provided with the tool kit. Add 2.5 quarts (2.4 l) of recommended oil. Reinstall the dipstick.
11. Start the engine and allow it to idle for 30 seconds.
12. Stop the engine. Wait 15 seconds before removing the dipstick.
13. Remove the dipstick. Wipe it dry with a clean cloth.
14. Reinstall the dipstick completely. Remove the dipstick and check the oil level.
15. If additional oil is needed, remove the oil dipstick and re-insert the oil funnel. Add oil as needed to bring the oil level to the upper mark on the dipstick. Do not overfill the engine. The maximum oil capacity is 3 quarts (2.9 l).
16. Reinstall the dipstick.
17. Reinstall the right-hand fender.
18. Dispose of the used filter and oil properly.
Programmable Service Interval
The service interval counter on the instrument cluster of your RZR is programmed to 25 hours at the factory. As hours of engine operation increase, the counter decreases. The wrench icon will flash for about 10 seconds when the counter reaches zero and each time the key is turned on thereafter until the counter is reset.
When this feature is enabled, it provides a convenient reminder to perform routine maintenance. Refer to the recommended oil change intervals.
To reset or change the service interval:
1. Press and hold the MODE (4) button to enter the settings menu.
2. Press either toggle button (5) to cycle to the "Service Hours" option. Press MODE to select.
3. Press MODE to reset the existing value and exit or press either toggle button to change the value. Press MODE to save and exit the settings menu.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.